Biovert, SL has decided to integrate quality and environmental management into company management in order to ensure that the design, development, manufacture and marketing of fertilizers and biostimulants for agriculture is in accordance with the requirements and needs of customers and all stakeholders, with the objective of being A LEADING COMPANY IN AGRICULTURAL PRODUCTIVITY.
To this end the Management undertakes to enforce this policy, which aims to continually improve the effectiveness of the Quality and Environmental Management System, as set out in the following guidelines:
- Comply with the requirements of legislation, regulations and technical standards and other requirements that may apply, as well as contractual obligations and the needs and expectations of stakeholders.
- Design and develop innovative products and technologies that respect the environment.
- Encourage internal research of new products and applications, as well as strengthening collaboration with research centres and universities.
- Develop croptology®, an internal knowledge management tool, to provide solutions and specialized technical assistance for improvements in agriculture.
- Prevent pollution that can be caused by our activities, minimizing the generation of waste, encouraging selective waste collection, and taking steps to reduce the consumption of natural resources as part of the commitment to environmental protection.
- Provide the skills needed for personnel to perform their duties from a perspective of excellence at work and respect for the environment.
- Encourage teamwork, as well as communication and knowledge management among all stakeholders.
Biovert, SL holds certification for its quality management system in accordance with UNE-EN ISO 9001: 2015 issued by the Bureau Veritas certification entity; this system is used as a tool in the continuous improvement of all processes and the effectiveness and efficiency of organization.
Biovert, SL is certified under RD 506/2013 by the Bureau Veritas certification entity with regard to the management system applied to the manufacture, marketing and packaging of fertilizers.
This certification ensures quality management of the entire process of manufacturing, marketing and packaging of all our products.
Biovert, SL holds certification for its environmental management system in accordance with UNE-EN ISO 14001: 2015, issued by the Bureau Veritas certification entity, following the principles of environmental impact assessment and operational control to ensure compliance with the environmental regulations affecting our processes, thereby ensuring that our activities cause minimal environmental impact.
REACH and CLP
The European REACH standard entered into effect on 1 June 2007, this being an acronym for the Registration, Evaluation, Authorisation and Restriction of Chemicals.
The aim of REACH is to ensure a high level of human health and environmental protection, as well as the free circulation of substances within the internal market. Under the regulations all manufacturers and importers of chemical substances and preparations must identify and manage the risks associated with the substances that they manufacture and sell. For substances produced or imported in quantities of 1 tonne per year or more per company, manufacturers and importers must demonstrate that they have been produced appropriately through a registration dossier that has to be submitted to the European Chemicals Agency (ECHA).
At this time, for your peace of mind, Biovert, SL complies with REACH legislation, and it possesses the relevant pre-registration for all substances manufactured or imported by the company, and we are undertaking the relevant tasks necessary for registration in accordance with the deadlines established depending on tonnage.
Current DSD regulations have also been modified, in parallel with to the REACH regulations (Dangerous Substance Directive 67/548/CEE) and DPD (Dangerous Preparation Directive 1999/45/CE). CLP regulations have been published to substitute these standards (Classification, Labelling and Packaging of substances and mixtures).
This new regulation has introduced a new system for classifying and labelling chemicals in the European Union. This system is based on the United Nation’s Global Harmonized System. All product safety data sheets and product labels have been adapted to comply with the new standards for classification and labelling.
This is a long process, which in many cases will only be complete in 2018, however it is being progressed step by step and day by day.
At Biovert, SL we have the DESIRE and the COMMITMENT to work on projects that offer our customers significant improvements in the products and services offered.
To advance our responsibility to the ENVIRONMENT (without being obliged to do so by Spanish law), we have adopted the SIGFITO packaging administration programme for MANVERT liquid products (solid products are not included at this time) sold in Spain from 1 January 2011.
This service was implemented in order to facilitate the proper disposal and recycling of empty containers by FARMERS and the AGRICULTURAL SECTOR, which once used by the farmer become waste to be treated in a manner that is NOT DETRIMENTAL to the environment. Thanks to this service the end user can deposit the packaging at appropriate collection points without fear that their residues will pollute the local environment.
This solution also facilitates compliance with some internal standards on farms, and more than likely generic standards for the sector in the near future, which the user will already have adopted.
The products covered by SIGFITO have labelling which includes a logo that allows delivery to collection sites and later recycling.
Our customers in Spain have a positive view of this act of joint responsibility in order to help preserve our current environment and future legacy.
Our company is committed to our economic, social and environmental surroundings. Biovert, SL therefore prepares an annual summary document (a memorandum) to achieve three objectives:
- Show the work we have been undertaking related to social responsibility.
- Satisfy the expectations of information for our stakeholders.
- Provide a guide for continuous improvement that demonstrates the level of achievement of our objectives.
View our Corporate Social Responsibility Policy.